Wow! This is going to run well over 100 words and isn’t a story but I’m so excited!
Saturdays make me happy enough by being a holiday to begin with but this one truly was exceptional. A lot of that happiness came via a surprise from Sayantika with the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. Thank you so much!
I just started reading her blog and I love the way she writes! Considering she’s been writing for 6 years now I have a lot of reading to catch up on.
Hmmm. So now for the 7 things about me that I’m supposed to share with you…
- I’ve loved reading since the time I was a child. Mom figured out early enough that a book was the best way to keep me out of trouble. I still have almost every book since kindergarten kept safe. I don’t stay home so Mom’s forced to cart it around from place to place. Thank you so much dear Mama for not complaining about the boxes I keep accumulating. When I finally have my dream house with its floor to ceiling bookcase I promise to take them off you.
- My sense of directions is horrible. If you ever ask me for directions please do yourself a favour and go right if I say left. You might reach your destination.
- I love long walks. No, I’m not talking of the romantic hand in hand stroll down the beach. It’s the solitary walks with headphones plugged in gives me a sense of peace and happiness. So next time I tell you I walked halfway across town, believe me, it wasn’t because I left my wallet at home.
- I’ve travelled across most of India and I hope I can travel to other parts of the world soon.
- I try not to be judgmental but I will hate you if you’re mean to animals. If you have a pet just to show off and don’t want to look after, I might just try kidnapping the animal and rest assured will not be speaking to you again.
- I love good food. It doesn’t have to be exotic or expensive. I’m lucky to have a family that can give most chefs a run for their money.
- I’m pretty happy being disconnected from the world on holidays. If my phone loses signal somewhere in the hills I’d be fine with dumping it at the bottom of my bag. Also if you can’t get through to me don’t worry my phone’s probably still at the bottom of my bag and I promise I’ll call you back when I remember it.
Phew! Maybe someday these points will be part of a GK test.
Q1: What does Shruti love most?
d) Her phone
Did I forget to tell you I can be pretty narcissistic too? 😉
I can’t relate much to ebooks when it comes to reading and I’m a traditionalist in wanting my printed paperbacks. That said, there is a lot of good stuff in this blogosphere that I’d love to share with you.
Wow! This is my longest post ever! Now I think I’ll go back to my 100 word stories.
If you want to keep with the tradition this is what you need to do:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate seven other bloggers for this award.
4. Put the logo of the award on your blog site.
5. Post the rules. Let your seven picks know they are nominated.
I think it’s a pretty awesome way to share the beautiful words that other people write and you were lucky to read.